Desi Health Tips & Benefits of PotatoAalo ke fawaid
There are many misconceptions about potatoes, most of them say, they are rich in starch, however;
- Medical reports today claim that potatoes should be consumed as they help in enriching the body with essential nutrients. Potatoes are rich in photochemical which can help in fighting against respiratory diseases, cardiovascular ailments, several types of cancer & much more.
- The most importantly, potato is rich in vitamin B6 which aids in building and repairing body cells. This vitamin leads to the production of enzymes in the body, which in turn leads to chemical reactions which cause cell repairs. Apart from repairing of human body and brain cells, this nutrient is responsible for the production of the molecule amine in the human body, which helps in transmissions between different nerves of the human nervous system.
- Potatoes are highly effective in relieving high blood pressure caused due to tension, indigestion, nature of food and several other reasons. The fiber content is known for lowering cholesterol and improving the functioning of insulin in the body, thereby lowering blood pressure.
- Potatoes have vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc in significant amounts which are beneficial for the skin. They are great for curing pimples, spots, burns and even help in softening and cleaning the skin, particularly around elbows, back of the palms, and so on.
- Those people suffering from high blood pressure should consume potatoes in large quantities. Potato contains a compound known as kukoamine which helps in lowering blood pressure.
- The fiber content of potato helps in lowering plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentration in the human body.
- Potatoes make an ideal food for people who are lean and thin. With mounds of carbohydrates and proteins, they help in promoting weight gain.
- Potato contains large quantities of starch which helps to improve insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance.
- Easy to digest, potatoes help in facilitating the digestion process, especially for people who cannot digest hard food but require energy, such as patients and babies.
- Potatoes have essential nutrients that help in providing relief to rheumatism due to the high starch or carbohydrate content that increases weight and reverses the effects of this disorder.
- The vitamin C content in potatoes is helpful for preventing the dreaded deficiency disease scurvy and its symptoms, like cracked lip corners, spongy and bleeding gums, and frequent viral infections.