Fruit Health Tips of Sweet Potatoes
How to protect cigarette smokers from emphysema
- Sweet potatoes are regarded as one of the healthiest foods to eat due to the presence of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, fiber, B vitamins, potassium and iron.
- The major benefits of this root vegetable are that it used to protect cigarette smokers from emphysema. This reason behind this is that smoking leads to a deficiency of vitamin A, which is provided when consuming sweet potatoes.
- Due to anti-inflammatory properties, sweet potatoes make an excellent food for people suffering with arthritis.
- By clearing congestions in the nose, bronchus and lungs, sweet potatoes are effective in providing relief to asthma patients.
- Beta carotene is responsible for the colour of the sweet potato peel, which is useful for curing various types of cancers particularly those of the colon, intestines, prostate, kidneys and other internal organs. Also, this vegetable is necessary for normal vision, proper bone growth, healthy skin and protection of the mucus membranes of the digestive, respiratory and urinary tracts.
- These vegetables with their skin intact has fibre equivalent to half a cup of oatmeal. If you are not a fan of the taste, you can either roast the whole sweet potato or cut into oven fries and consume. Fiber, when combined with magnesium, works as a great facilitator for digestion. Since they contain starch, sweet potatoes are light on the stomach and intestines.
- People suffering from type 2 diabetes are recommended to consume the white-skinned sweet potato due to its ability of improving insulin sensitivity.
- Enriched with potassium, sweet potatoes help in preventing heart attacks and strokes. By maintaining fluid and electrolytic balance of body cells, this nutritious root promotes regular functioning of the heart. Deficiency of potassium leads to muscular cramps and an increased susceptibility to injuries. Therefore, including these root vegetables in your daily diet reduces the risk of injury.
- Apart from being tasty, sweet potatoes contain plenty of complex starch, healthy vitamins, minerals and proteins which are required for individuals who are extremely lean and bony, as these vegetables form excellent sources of energy.
- Antioxidants are found in abundance in sweet potatoes. Vitamins A and C combine together to get rid of cancer-friendly free radicals that damage reactions with DNA.