Green Cardamom | Choti Sabz Elaichi ke faide
Nutritional facts of Green Cardamom
- Due to its natural anti-bacterial property, cardamom helps in neutralizing dental bacteria, thereby fighting bad breath and other oral health issues.
- An infusion of cardamom and cinnamon is used for curing pharyngitis, sore throat, uvula relaxation and hoarseness during the infective stage of influenza.
- The high concentration of lanolin acid improves blood circulation in the lungs by the blood thinning action; hence cardamom is beneficial for relieving the symptoms of asthma and bronchitis.
- Sexual dysfunctions, like impotency and premature ejaculation, are successfully treated with cardamom, particularly when consumed with milk and honey.
- Cardamom has been highly effective in treating gastrointestinal problems, like indigestion, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, upset stomachs and flatulence.
- Due to its anti-spasmodic properties, cardamom helps in preventing spasms and convulsions.
- Cardamom stimulates the natural process of detoxification through sweating and urination, thereby purifying the entire body and strengthening the kidneys and urinary system.
- By reducing the air and water elements, cardamom relieves stomach dyspepsia, cures indigestion and soothes the mucus membrane. As such, the gas and heartburn caused by garlic and onion is effectively relieved by cardamom.
- Oral administration of cardamom seeds is known for inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, with rare cases of completely destroying the cells.
- Regular consumption of cardamom treats high cholesterol levels and reduces high blood pressure; thus, lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Inflamed nerves and backaches have been known to be successfully treated with the application of cardamom oil or consuming cardamom seeds.
- Cardamom boosts appetite in anorexic patients, a disorder characterized by excessive weight loss. Consuming cardamom increases hunger pangs, thereby helping in the recovery process.
- It has stimulating effects that secretes various enzymes and hormones, gastric juices, peristaltic motion, circulation and excretion; thereby maintaining proper metabolism.
- When combined with honey and other spices, cardamom acts as an effective cure for laryngitis and tuberculosis.
- Cardamom acts as a natural health tonic, when taken at bedtime, diluted with milk and honey. Besides, it is effective in preventing memory loss.
- Cardamom, when mixed with banana leaf powder and amla juice, is an excellent diuretic for treating gonorrhea (inflammation of the urethra or vagina), cystitis (inflammation of the urinary bladder), nephritis (inflammation of the kidneys) and burning or infrequent urination.
- Cardamom, when added to tea, gives a pleasant aroma, which serves as an effective remedy for depression.